The Lighthouse Team
2019-2020 Leader In Me
STAFF Lighthouse Team Members
- K – Laura Warner, Vanessa Choate
- 1st – Brianne Rushing, Amy Revelas
- 2nd – Shelbi NeSmith
- 3rd – Caitlyn Nash
- 4th – Mary Margaret Shepherd
- 5th – Kayla Beshears, Jennifer Kelly
- ALP/Spec – Sarah Covington, Jodi Levermann
- Administration – Joel Atchinson
STUDENT Lighthouse Team Members
- Samaiya Pereira Francesca Verdi Vera Suit
- Maring McMahon Sophia Vastistas Jesse Griggs
- Manuela Gill Adison Branch Caleigh Barnett
- Zoya Fnu Ash Ward Mrittika Deshmukh
- Zarah Efemini Alexis Furey Kyle Coleman
- Fallyn Wheeler Charlie McDonald Alexia Grace Weber
CLICK HERE to learn more about how to become a Leader In Me Lighthouse Family.
- Student leaders are identified through the use of Mustang Tickets. Teachers will award students with a ticket that gets placed on bulletin board in the cafeteria. At the end of the month, the tickets are taken down and admin draws several from each grade level. A celebration event is held by the admin at the end of the day.
- Lighthouse team is planning for the March 1st “Readers are Leaders” day which includes a pep-rally and parade. Students will be encouraged to dress up as their favorite book character and share how the character displays one of the 7 habits. The administration will be guest readers during the day to share their favorite picture books. Brenda Speir is planning special events for the week for Dr. Seuss’s birthday.
- The Lighthouse team will be attending the Atlanta Leader in Me Symposium on January 15th and 16th. We look forward to bringing back new ideas.
- A Family Lighthouse Celebration will take place for families that have reached Lighthouse status. It will be a fun evening of games and ice-cream sundaes. It will be on Thursday, January 31st.
- The Student Lighthouse Team (led by Kayla Beshears and Caitlin Nash) is working with Mr. Hydo to share habit lessons on the morning news.
- Committees are working together (action teams) to complete school-wide goals relating to LIM.
- Implementation of Mustang Tickets (students are recognized by teachers for displaying the 7 habits and posted in cafeteria)
- Big Rocks (School-wide goals) were assigned to action teams among the committees
- October 24th- Sarah Covington and Kayla Beshears will be attending the facilitators coaching day at Eastvalley Elementary
- November 27th- Full day coaching with Betsy Weirda (Franklin Covey) for the staff Lighthouse Team
- Student Lighthouse Team is meeting once a month with Ms. Beshears and Ms. Nash
- Staff is receiving “Boosters” each staff meeting with Leader in Me professional development, learning more in-depth about 7 habits
- Homeroom teachers are promoting to their students to become a Lighthouse Family
- Teachers are working to become Lighthouse classrooms
- Student Leadership Notebooks are being used by every homeroom teacher to help students track growth/collect data
- Established the student lighthouse team and met with new team members.
- Hoping to purchase t-shirts for new team members.
- Staff Lighthouse team met for an entire day of collaboration and long-term planning. Planned next year goals and established specific roles for team members.
- In progress- quotes to be hung on each grade-level hallway. Had a difficult time getting them to hang on cinderblock.
- Pep Rally planned for beginning of year (August) called “Lasso Leadership”
- LIM binders for each student will be stored on grade level hallways until beginning of next school year
- Staff will receive a LIM folder at beginning of the year with helpful resources and suggested activities that will help teach each habit