2019-2020 Fundraising Goals
- Patron Program (Fall) $60,000
- Mustang Raffle (Spring) $40,000
- Art Shows (by grade level) $5,000
- Birthday Marquee (year round) $3,000 *sign up ends August 31
- 5th Grade Graduation Marguee Messages (May) $2,000 *sign up in January 2020
- $56,200 funds Technology & Software, including teacher selected software and apps for every grade level, which are used in the classroom and at home.
- $2,000 funds 100% of our hands-on Science Lab, supplies & equipment. All classrooms grades K-5 participate.
- $15,000 funds the next phase of The Leader In Me, an innovative, school-wide model that enables educators to unleash each child’s full potential. Visit The Leader In Me website to learn more!
- $18,300 funds Staff Collaboration Time at every grade level. Murdock teachers find this planning time to be invaluable.
- $5,000 to enhance PE, Music and Art programming, including supplies & instruments used by all students.
- Administrative fees and expenses are kept around 8%, which means $.92 of every dollar positively impacts our initiatives for Murdock’s students and staff!
2018-2019 Fundraising Highlights
The fundraising efforts in the school year 2018-2019 exceeded the goal of $128,000 by raising nearly $137,000 (gross fundraising amount).
- Nearly $58,000 in family and staff donations through the fall Patron Program, with 62% student participation. With donor employee matching, $67,000 was raised in all. Note: total is gross fundraising amount.
- Ticket sales through the spring Mustang Raffle raised nearly $50,000, with 59% student participation. Note: total is gross fundraising amount.
- Grade level art show sales and marquee birthday messages brought in nearly $19,000. Note: total is net fundraising amount.
Allocation of Funds
The following items were funded by the Foundation and impacted every student.
- Technology – new laptops, teacher selected software and apps for every grade level & new poster printer.
- Science Lab – 100% of lab supplies and equipment.
- The Leader in Me (LIM) – phase 3 of the Franklin Covey contract, staff training, 100% of LIM supplies, and more.
- Staff Collaboration Time – three days for every teacher at every grade level.
- Lassiter Performances and Art Shows – costs associated with utilizing the Lassiter Concert Hall.
- Campus Improvements, Musical Instruments, PE Equipment, grade level Art needs and MUCH more!
For additional information, contact the MESF Treasurer.